Friday, July 29, 2011

The final countdown.

As of Sunday 31st July I will no longer be residing in Bosnia. The 12 months or so are at an end and many months ago it was decided that it would make more sense, especially financially, to live and work in the U.K. I am unable to work here, other than a bit of teaching here and there. Mr B is on a shockingly low wage - not shocking for here, but not enough in the rest of Europe, and he is always unsure as to when and how much he is going to be paid each month, if at all. Prices are too high in comparison to wages and to set up life here, when we have other options, would be foolish. So here comes our "try out in the U.K" period. Unfortunately I have to leave without Mr B as it will take some time to get my house in order so that he can apply for a spouse visa. We are looking at, at least, 4 months apart.

I have had a wonderful year here, that said. This country is beautiful, with so much of it unspoilt. My family in law are amazing and have struggled along with me as I try to get some sort of grasp of this difficult language.

Yesterday was a glorious summer day and I met the "American in Sarajevo" in the little Pivnica near the hospital. We sat in the sun drinking limonade (I love the way they do it here, fresh squeezed lemon and water - add sugar to taste).

Burek... nyummy.
In lots of ways I know we are making the right choice in going back to the U.K, but I will miss it here, if not for the government and the economy, for it's people, scenery, and BUREK!!*

*which I am nearly able to make on my own - still need a little guidance from Ma B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment